I’ve written The Cursing Stone, a 106,000-word historical novel about a legendary shipwreck off the coast of Ireland. I want to offer the novel in serial form to interested readers at no cost.
● On Sunday 20 March 2022, I was interviewed about The Cursing Stone on The History Show on RTE Radio 1. Many thanks to Myles Dungan and Marc McMenamin for this opportunity. Click here to listen to the seven-minute clip.
● A Kindle version of The Cursing Stone is now available. Irish and UK buyers will find it on this page on Amazon.co.uk. US buyers will find it on Amazon.com. See my blog post for detail.
● To buy paperback copies, contact or visit A Novel Idea Bookshop in Ballyshannon. Libraries and book clubs can purchase from Irish Library Suppliers via Alan Hanna’s Bookshop, Rathmines, Dublin. See my blog page for other on-line booksellers.
● My article about the shipwreck of HMS Wasp is published in the July-August 2021 issue of History Ireland. The article is available in the print edition and to on-line subscribers. Why not treat yourself to a subscription to History Ireland magazine?
● A video recording of the launch of The Cursing Stone is posted on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8SaehW4XVc
● Sources and a map for The Cursing Stone are detailed in my blog “On Writing” – click here.
● Click these links for more information about the author and about serial publishing.
● Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Sign up to my mailing list — subscription form below — and I’ll send you The Cursing Stone in a series of free weekly instalments. If you enjoy reading the novel, I’ll appreciate it if you’ll write a review. Click here for a sample of other readers’ reviews.
The fates of two men – Ruari Mullan of Tory Island, and Sub-Lieutenant William Gubby of HMS Wasp – intersect in the disastrous arc of the Irish Land Wars.
“…a richly historic novel with authentic Irish maritime roots…”